Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sick

I've felt the looming presence of a cold for weeks now - when I visited the niece and nephew over Christmas, when the niece was feverish at the end of January, when my boss came to work ill last week... Being sleep-deprived since mid-December while working on multiple releases increased my susceptibility, I figured. But I didn't have time to be sick! I had a release and another release!

Well, the last big, public release was Thursday. I started feeling ill Thursday night. How's that for timing?

I've had a very slow weekend - nap, read, nap, watch TV, take a hot bath, nap. I ventured outside today to buy soup and cough drops, but I was extremely happy to crawl back into bed when I got home.

I did manage to finish Tender is the Night (Fitzgerald) this weekend, but my reading's been frequently interrupted. I recently enjoyed Wide Sargasso Sea (Jean Rhys). Although it is the story of Rochester's wife in the attic from Jane Eyre, it stands on its own.

1 comment:

Lisa (aka TCMH) said...

I get sick right after big deadlines, too. It's like my body knows that there is now time to be sick. Hope you feel better soon.