Saturday, February 9, 2008

Boston

I was in Waltham, MA for a class on Monday and Tuesday and decided to take the opportunity to see Boston. I flew in early Sunday morning and spent the day wandering Boston Commons, Back Bay, Beacon Hill, and doing part of the "Freedom Trail," camera in hand. The highlights were the photos that came out well, the guy playing percussion outside Fanueil Hall with buckets, a grill top, and other non-traditional "drums," and having a beer in a neighborhood pub that had been recommended to me.

As some people may have already realized, this means I was in Boston for the Superbowl. I watched the first part of it in a restaurant over dinner, but the game was still going pretty well at that point. I saw the latter half of the game, including its shocking end, from my hotel room. I have to say, I'm glad I was not out with a lot of Patriot fans for the end!

Boston gets a thumbs-up from me. I'd like to go back sometime when the weather's warmer.

No comments: