Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back by Popular Demand

That phrase might be a little strong. Actually, I got one comment asking where the new posts are. Well, I've been trying to get a release out the door and haven't had much time for writing. As of my morning drive to work, I had logged 48.50 hours on my timesheet for this week.

Today is the release day. I now have official sign-off from all necessary parties except the Product Manager. I am 99% sure he thinks it's a go, but I want to hear him say it before I pull the trigger. He had a flight today that landed at 4:30 PM (2.5 hours ago), but I still can't reach him. I have someone waiting to release the build and another person waiting to release the documentation, and I'm waiting for his call. And waiting. And waiting.

While I'm waiting, I have time for a post. I made two new Year's Resolutions this year:
  1. Exercise more. No need to explain this one, right? I made a good start, going to the gym on January 2 and 3, but since then have been too busy or too sleep-deprived. However, considering my back pain has kept me from exercising since September (except for back exercises from my therapist), maybe I can still say I'm exercising "more" than before.
  2. Develop a rotation of twenty "healthy" recipes. I love to cook, but my general attitude has always been "anything with butter is better." I'm now trying to augment my repertoire with stuff that's tasty but also low cal/low fat. I'm doing better at this one; during the release push I've cooked a few new recipes each weekend so I have leftovers for lunch/dinner during the week. Some of them have been quite good.
I'll also get back to the "top 100" novels once the product is released and I finish all the fun books I got for Christmas. Mmm, new books. :)

2 comments:

Higgy said...

Yay for a new post. I'm now "Popular Demand!" WOOT.

Way to go on the resolutions - we are also trying to both exercise and eat better. So far, the South Beach has done well for us - although Owen keeps bringing colds home with him from school!

Lisa (aka TCMH) said...

You would think that he would not keep you waiting. How annoying. Glad to see an updated post though.