Thursday, November 29, 2007

How the Other Half Lives

No, not the rich people. The early birds.

Since my trip to Italy, I've been seriously jet-lagged, but in a good way. I've been waking up at 6 AM, which gives me almost 3 hours before work to do whatever I want. In two days, I've done two loads of laundry, raked about half the leaves that constantly blow into my front yard, and read several chapters of my book.

I'm not accustomed to doing anything in the morning other than rushing around to get ready and then running out the door! But people all over the world, the early birds, wake up early in the morning and LIVE part of their life.

I'm pretty sure it won't last, but I'm enjoying it while it does.

2 comments:

Lisa (aka TCMH) said...

I have always enjoyed that sense of having done something because I get up early. Even if it is just unloading the dishwasher. And, I love being in the office before everyone else - you can get so much done. It worked better when I was on the east coast. Now, my 6a is still 9a ET, sigh.

Higgy said...

Yuo - and now, Owen is ALWAYS up about 5:30! Makes it hard to do anything else!