Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why I Don't Write

I've been feeling a little guilty about neglecting my blog for the past few months. I have a million excuses:
  • Insecurity - Who cares about my walking program, my excitement over cooking healthy with fresh produce from the local farmers' markets, my upcoming vacation (yet another vacation!)?
  • Laziness - I've been seduced by the social networking option of throwing out a single thought with no deep analysis. No need to develop a thesis - write 140 characters and see if anyone comments!
  • Narcissism - I need to have an imaginary audience when I write, and that audience has been tough to conjure lately.
  • Intimidation - I have some friends who are great blog writers and seem to be able to effortlessly toss off a meaningful blog post almost daily. Reading them makes me wonder who can keep up!
However, I've been thinking about getting back to the blog, perhaps because anything seems more appealing than my current work deadlines. I keep telling myself that it doesn't have to be meaningful. Topics like "Embracing Your Inner Geek" are worth exploring!

I'm approaching the end of a release and hope to resume the blog postings then, if not before. I think most of my three loyal readers know what's going on in my life, but I like the thought of the blog as historical record, and the historical record currently has a big gap.

To good intentions...

3 comments:

Lisa (aka TCMH) said...

I'll read it all - on whatever topic - short, long - you could even do twitter length. Don't compare yourself to someone who writes lengthy articles each day. Heck, yours intimidate me because you research. Mine are off the top of my head impressions - no research provided. Maybe someday...

CeeDubbVA said...

You're so right. Comparisons are silly! It's funny to hear that mine are intimidating in their own way. What you can research, I call surfing the web. :)

Lisa (aka TCMH) said...

yeah - I can't even surf the web and cite what I saw...