Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reflections

I love the brilliant colors of this candy machine in my mechanic's waiting room! They have a nice setup - free waters and sodas (even apple cider on good days), internet, and Andy at the desk who kept offering to send a few big mechanics to sit on either side of me to warm me up now that the temperature has plummeted again. (It sounds sleazy, but it wasn't.) This is the same guy who gave me advice recently when I called from the road, worried that the lack of power to my cigarette lighter meant my car was about to putter to a halt by the side of the road. (It was just a blown fuse, easily fixed the next day by my dad.)

My car inspection was the social highlight of my day, which started with a 6AM call that was rescheduled to 7AM and ended with another meeting at 11PM. Who decided this globalization stuff was a good idea? Clearly someone who thrives on four hours of sleep a night.

Despite the busy day, I still managed to take few photos. I was frustrated by the reflections in the first one and started puzzling over the solution. A circular polarizing filter (sitting in the bag at home)? Photoshop?

Since I don't have an extra couple hundred dollars to go back to the mechanic anytime soon, I snapped another reflection photo that I can more easily reproduce at the later date with the filter.

At first this was intended as just another reflection photo, but then I read the poster. An Indian/Asian grocery store's going in near my house! Hopefully it will be a good substitute for my dearly departed Whole Foods!

2 comments:

Lisa (aka TCMH) said...

yippee for pictures. I was beginning to think that it was a 1 day project :)

CeeDubbVA said...

No, I just knocked off work pretty late because of a conference call with global participants and didn't get around to publishing until after midnight.